The list for fibromyalgia symptoms is long, and varies from person to person. There are ways to relieve the pain with natural treatments such as a pain relieving lotion or a heating wrap. A heat wrap works like a heating pad, but with added benefits. Here are ten convincing reasons a heat wrap will reduce chronic pain.
Disclaimer: This product was provided at a discounted price in exchange for my honest review. This post contains affiliate links at NO extra costs to you. Please read my full disclosure policy.
For me, my problematic areas are my neck, shoulders, and upper back. Those are the areas where I feel the most painful, burning sensations. My muscles knots are the tightest in the area between my neck and shoulders. Even now as I type I feel the burning and tightness of my muscles.
When my husband offered a heat wrap, I immediately jumped at the opportunity for some sort of relief. What harm could it do? The worst, in my opinion, was that it didn’t work, and I would be left with the same pains. If it helped, then all the better. Am I right?
The heat wrap I received was SunnyBay Microwavable Shoulder & UpperBack Heat Wrap. There are three sizes available: medium, large, extra large. I got the large which was a perfect fit for me.
I wear it everywhere, including…
…playing board games…
…and putting together puzzles!
After receiving the SunnyBay heat wrap, I read the enclosed information:
- 100% polyester cover (read: machine washable)
- 100% cotton casing with all natural flax seeds
- Best ergonomic design ideal for shoulder & upper back pain therapy
Ten convincing reasons a heat wrap will reduce chronic pain:
- Hot or cold therapy: For hot therapy, simply pop wrap in microwave for one and a half minutes. For cold therapy, freeze for 60 minutes.
- Covers problem areas: The wrap covers the most common painful areas – shoulders, neck, and upper back.
- Not hot to touch, but effective: Doesn’t feel hot to the touch, but it is warm and relaxing on the shoulders and back.
- Light weight: It is not heavy while resting on the shoulders eliminating extra weight on already sore muscles.
- Portable: I can use this wherever I need it – car, home, or walking. I use it while playing board games, working on the computer, cooking, and more!
- Durable outer cover: The outer cover is soft yet durable. It is made of 100% polyester and is machine washable. I have washed it several times since purchasing it, and the cover still looks as great as the day I bought it!
- Filling does not shift or bunch: I’ve used this heating wrap dozens of time, and the filling still has not shifted or bunched in awkward shapes.
- Hot therapy lasts twenty to thirty minutes which is the recommended time for applying heat to muscles.
- Loosens muscles when hot and lessens the burning sensations on shoulder and neck areas.
- Compact: The wrap is small and compact taking up minimal space where I keep it on the side table.
Other than a funky smell after the first time heating it (which only occurred the first time), this heating wrap is amazing! As stated in number ten, the wrap is small enough to keep it on the side table next to my spot on the couch. This makes it convenient for me to have it readily accessible when needed.
I highly recommend this product to reduce chronic pain and loosen the muscles in the shoulders, neck, and upper back areas.
Get new articles in your inbox!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.