Just like everyone else, I have an addiction. Actually, I have five of them. They are my weakness and I can never have enough of them. Some of the addictions are healthier than others. And, you know what? I have no shame in any of them! They are my flaws, but they are a part of me and I accept them.
Want to know what they are? Join me this week as I reveal the five big addicting categories and the top five loves within those categories. I call it my ‘My Five 5’s’.
Let’s start with the first one –
No surprise there, huh? I. LOVE. SOCIAL. MEDIA.
I love being able to connect with other people all over the world from the comfort of my couch. I can connect through similar interests through various social media platforms whenever I want, however I want. Love that control! (I’m a type A person.)
Social media allows me to do many things including:
- Connect with my family and friends from South Carolina, California, Wisconsin, Chicago, and many other places all over the world (Like our Mara in London – so jealous of her right now!)
- Market my blog, services, and, in the near future, my ebook
- Get advice and learn from more experienced bloggers and writers through groups and communities
- Keep up with the latest celebrity gossip, news, and videos
My top five social media sites (in no particular order):
- Pinterest – so many pins, so many creative people to connect with
- Twitter – love keeping up with the stars and top stories
- Facebook – Family, friends, groups
- Google+ – communities
- Instagram – Family, friends, and celebrity pictures and videos
Follow me on the above social media sources and share your pins, tweets, statuses, videos and pictures!
Having a smartphone fuels this addiction as it alerts me to the latest news and updates. While I do admit to this addiction, I do have control over it. I do not let it interfere with my family time and it is switched off during certain hours of the day.