A group of us chronic illness bloggers is jumping into the celebration of May’s Fibromyalgia Awareness month, and having a $25 Amazon gift card giveaway for Fibromyalgia Awareness! Amazon is a convenient way to shop, and with Amazon Prime you can get free two day shipping, listen to music, store photos, watch your favorite movies and shows, and much more. Also, with AmazonSmile you can support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. Scroll to the bottom of the page to enter the giveaway.
There are giveaways to enter, product reviews, personal success stories, articles about fibromyalgia organizations, and other online events throughout the month of May! Check them out here.
This post contains affiliate links which means no extra costs to you. Read my full disclosure policy.
There are many reasons to shop Amazon. Aside from the convenience of shopping from the comfort of your home, there are various programs to join. The programs are suitable for the family, students, music lovers, readers, music listeners, and more. Amazon also has the added conveniences of grocery shopping sent straight to your door as well as registering for weddings and babies.
Swagbucks is an online rewards program that gives you points called SB for certain activities. Activities range from using the search engine to shopping online. There are no purchases required to participate, no costs to sign up, and no credit cards to store online. Get your free account here.
For every dollar spent at Amazon*, you can earn up to 7 SB. That’s the same as getting up to 7% cash back!
*Earn SB only in certain Amazon categories. Check here for participating categories.
“AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.”
To join AmazonSmile, (1) type “amazon smile” in the search bar on the Amazon home page and (2) choose ‘Amazon Smile’:
After agreeing to join AmazonSmile, select a charity by searching:
To find out more about the charities, click ‘about’. Once you have chosen a charity, click ‘select’:
Once you have chosen a charity and shop through Amazon, you will shop through www.smile.amazon.com with a portion of your purchase going to the charity you have chosen. You can see this on your Amazon home page:
To change the charity, simply hover over your name in the right side of the home page and select ‘Change Your Charity’:
You’re all set! Now every time you shop through AmazonSmile, a portion of the purchase will be used to support your chosen charity at no extra cost to you!
Yes! There are over a dozen programs you can join, and enjoy numerous benefits from each one. Listed below are some of the programs and their benefits.
Amazon Prime is a membership for Amazon. Prime members get the following benefits:
- FREE Two-Day shipping
- Prime video: unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV episodes
- Prime Photos: unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive
- Prime Early Access: 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon and new events on MyHabit.com
- Kindle Books: Borrow one Kindle Book per month from over 500,000 titles for free on any Kindle device with no due dates.
- More savings for your family: get 20% off diapers subscriptions, a 15% Baby Registry completion discount, and personalized age-based recommendations, compliments of Amazon Family
Prime membership is $99 per year, with the ability to share Prime shipping to family members. With the costs of shipping, the membership will pay for itself after just a few shopping trips.
Prime pantry is exclusive to Prime members, and is a store where you can shop for groceries and household products in everyday regular sizes (not bulk or member warehouse sizes). Fill a virtual pantry store box and have it delivered to your door for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 per box.
There are weekly deals and exclusive coupons, and each box is filled based on percentage. Percentages are based on the item’s weight and size. You can fill the box as little or as much as you’d like, but the flat delivery fee of $5.99 is the same regardless of the size.
Directly from the Amazon website:
“Amazon Allowance enables you to add gift card funds for yourself or someone else on a one-time, daily, weekly, monthly, or every-two-week basis. Amazon Allowance is directly added to the recipient’s Amazon.com Gift Card Balance and can be used instantly to shop among millions of items on Amazon.com. If the recipient doesn’t have an Amazon.com account, we’ll send him/her an email to set up one.
- Easily fund shopping on Amazon.com without sharing your credit cards or Amazon.com account. Allowance recipients can choose from millions of items on Amazon, including textbooks and college essentials;
- Set aside a budget for your own purchases on Amazon.com;
- Save up your Gift Card Balance for a big purchase or holiday shopping on Amazon.com by giving yourself a weekly or monthly Allowance; and
- Give instant Amazon.com Gift Card funds to your friends or family. The gift card funds will be directly added to the recipient’s Amazon.com account, no claim codes are needed.”
Kindle Unlimited is a new service that allows you to read as much as you want, choosing from over 1 million titles and thousands of audiobooks. Freely explore new authors, books, and genres from mysteries and romance to sci-fi and more. You can read on any device. It’s available for $9.99 a month and you can cancel anytime.
Look for the Kindle Unlimited icon throughout the Kindle Store and click on the “Read for Free” button on Kindle book pages to start reading. You can read Kindle Unlimited books on your Kindle device or your phone, tablet or computer with our free Kindle Reading apps.
Amazon Family is Prime membership with the added benefits of:
- Save 20% on diapers subscriptions
- Exclusive coupons and deals
- Exclusive baby registry benefits
- FREE two-day shipping
Like regular Prime membership, there is a $99 per year membership fee.
Audible is the publisher and distributor of the world’s largest selection of digital audiobooks and spoken word content. Audible customers can listen anytime and anywhere they like to professionally-narrated audiobooks across a wide range of genres, including best sellers, new releases, sci fi, romances, classics, and more.
Audible Free Trial benefits:
- Get two free audiobooks to start — after 30 days, get 1 book each month for $14.95/month
- Get 30% off the price of additional audiobook purchases
- Cancel anytime. Your books are yours to keep, even if you cancel.
Audible Gold Membership benefits:
- One audiobook per month for $14.95/mo
- 30% off the price of additional audiobook purchases
- Cancel anytime. A member’s books are theirs to keep, even if they cancel.
Amazon Prime Music offers unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs for just $99 per year, in addition to other Prime benefits:
- Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes with titles for everyone
- Borrow books from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
- Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping with no minimum order size
Amazon Student is a membership program that offers special benefits for Students including:
- FREE two-day shipping on textbooks and tons of other stuff
- Deals and promotions exclusively for students
- Borrow FREE kindle books and get unlimited instant streaming of movies & TV episdoes when you join Amazon prime for $49/year (that’s 50% off regular Prime membership!)
These are just a few of the benefits of shopping at Amazon. For more programs, visit Amazon.com
Thank you to the bloggers that participated in this giveaway! Please visit their sites and check out their informative articles.
Donna is the writer and creator at Fed Up with Fatigue. I have been reading her articles for over a year, and I truly like the way she tackles topics with in-depth research. Her articles shed light on the latest research, trends, fibromyalgia news, and more.
mini2z captures Kristin’s journey of living life with her family, fur babies, and chronic illnesses of Hashimoto’s Thyroid, LADA type 1.5 diabetes, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Her posts are informative, and her photos are brilliant, bright, and eye catching. You can also find out about subscription boxes as well as her love of wine and books.
Mel’s site, Fibro Tour, is unique to me. She does what I would love to do, and hope to do one day in the future. She is a tour manager, and travels to educate, support, and raise awareness about fibromyalgia. Though her site is fairly new (still in the launch stage), I’ve had the pleasure of talking with her and love the way she is taking on awareness!