My preferred method of healing with fibromyalgia is natural treatment. I use a combination of products such as lotions and other natural remedies together with exercise. In addition, I stick to a fibro diet, and these components makes up my natural treatment regiment for chronic pain and fibromyalgia symptoms. All of these practices together ensure low pain days for longer period of time. Recently, I was asked to review an essential oil diffuser for Organic Aromas. I was more than pleased to review this product because I use diffusers daily to help in the overall support of my body.
Disclaimer: This product was given to me in exchange for a review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. As always, the review is in no way influenced by the company, The Fay Farm, and all opinions are my own and honest. Please read further details in my full disclosure policy.
Who is Organic Aromas?
From the Organic Aromas website:
Organic Aromas is comprised of a group of passionate, experienced health care professionals dedicated to enriching and improving the lives of people all over the world using a unique form of aromatherapy that combines an exclusively designed nebulizing diffuser with pure, organic essential oils and their specially formulated blends.
With a focus on developing unique and valuable products and know-how originated from Asia, Organic Aromas is bringing new technology, knowledge and high quality health and beauty products and accessories to a fast growing sector of educated, modern global citizens who desire to find and develop a richer, fuller and more cultivated lifestyle.
Radiance Essential Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy
I received the Radiance Essential Oil Diffuser for review. What is great about this diffuser compared to other diffusers is that this one requires no water. It also does not use heat to diffuse the essential oils despite being powered by an electrical power source.
Other most noteworthy features include:
- rotating switch to adjust how much oil is diffused
- low energy consumption
- auto shut-off after 120 minutes
- requires little essential oil to permeate the area
- infuses a room up to 800 square feet
- soothing LED mood lighting with rainbow colors
- comes with electrical plug compatible with the area you live in (USA, UK, EU, Australia, etc)
- hand-made wood base with rubber grip
- custom-blown glass diffuser
[bctt tweet=”#Aromatherapy diffuser by @OrganicAromas for #fibromyalgia relief” username=”beingfibromom”]
Essential Oil Blends for Diffuser
I received a variety of blends for the diffuser. These blends included:
- Serenity: Reduces stress and anxious feelings, helps you get a good night’s sleep, promotes relaxation, soothes fussy children, and establishes balance
- Burglars: Purifies, protects against seasonal threats, eliminates odors and cleanses, apply on skin irritants to soothe, and elevates mental alertness
There are many blends available here on the site. There are sampler packs, blends, and single oils available.
Note: These blends are notable for their aromas. As these aromas are strong, I urge you to diffuse a bit at a time until you have reached a level that is beneficial to you. When I first received the diffuser, I used it like my other diffusers – non-stop until it shut off. I cannot use the Radiance Diffuser the same way because I am sensitive to smells. These strong smells cause me to have headaches. To remedy this issue, I used the diffuser in five to ten minute increments. This prevented an overwhelming amount of aroma and no longer caused me to have headaches.
How the Diffuser Works
The nebulizing diffuser works without heat or water. It works on the Bernoulli principle. Here is a diagram taken from the Organic Aromas website that shows how the diffuser works:
[bctt tweet=”#OrganicAromas diffuser works with no heat or water. #aromatherapy” username=”beingfibromom”]
How to Use It
Using the diffuser is a simple five step process.
- Place the glass reservoir into the rubber stopper on the wooden base (do not twist the reservoir in a circular motion).
- Add pure essential oil into the reservoir taking care not to overfill. Keep the oil level below the top of the glass tubes located at the bottom of the reservoir.
- Place the glass cap into the top of the glass reservoir.
- Connect the power supply from the wooden base to a wall socket.
- Turn the switch in a clockwise direction. The more you turn, the higher the setting (more oil is diffused into the air).
The diffuser will automatically shut off after 120 minutes, but the colored lights will stay on. To start diffusing oils again after it shuts off, just turn off the unit then turn it back on.
Note: As noted on the website and in the instruction manual, take care to only use thinner oils and blends in the diffuser. Thicker oils will clog the tubes and will need to be cleaned out using the enclosed droppers. Oils to avoid include vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli, cedarwood, ginger, balsam peru, vanilla, frankincense and myrrh.
How to Clean the Unit
Two droppers come with the unit for cleaning. Use plain rubbing alcohol for cleaning the micro-tubes (small tubes located at the bottom of the glass reservoir). There are three ways to clean the unit:
- General cleaning (every seven days)
- Partial cleaning (after using thicker oils or after not using the diffuser for awhile)
- Deep cleaning (once a month)
Click here for details on the three ways to clean a nebulizing essential oil diffuser.
My Thoughts and Conclusion
I give this product a three out of five stars. In addition to the classy look of the glass reservoir, I also like the grip on the wooden base. The grip is essential to me because it prevents it from sliding off my side table. The diffuser is used in my office because that is where I spend a majority of my days. It’s slender design makes it easy to place anywhere, and gives off a gentle glow in the corner of the room. It’s very soothing in colors. Other than the smell as noted above (essential oil blends section), it is a good diffuser for essential oils.
The oils I use the most in this particular diffuser is peppermint and orange (separately, not together). These are thinner oils that create a good balance, and the smells are not too strong for my sensitive nose.
Overall, yes, this is worth looking into for relief of your fibromyalgia symptoms.